Adventures in Stepford
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
God is in my iPod
I swear, ya'll. I keep the Vessel Of The Lord, a/k/a my iPod Mini, in my car mostly (when not in use at the gym) set on 'Shuffle Songs' so I don't ever know what song is next on deck. Lately I have been noticing that certain song(s) will arrive in the rotation just when I need it, or songs of a certain mood, artist, or genre are all grouped together in a car ride that perfectly suits what I need.

Exhibit A: just last night. The Husband and I had just engaged in a difficult discussion, and I was feeling a great weight upon my chest of the oh-my-God-we-are-never-going-to-be-all-right-again variety. I worked nights this week, so I had to leave the house mid-conversation, nothing resolved. So, I'm trying to rally for work mentally while trying not to cry on the way. I push Play on the iPod, and GOD SPEAKS. Well, you know. In his way. He always sends a little God McNugget as needed.

It's bigger than we thought
It's taller than it ought to be
This pile of rubble and ruins

The neighbors must talk
It's the worst yard on the block
Just branches and boards
Where walls stood

Did it seem to you
Like the storm just knew
We weren't quite finished with the roof
When it started

So we build.
We build.
We clear away what was
And make room for what will be.
If you'll hold the nails, I'll take the hammer
I'll hold it still, if you'll climb the ladder
If you will
Then I will
Build

On any given day
We could simply walk away
And let someone else hold the pieces.

The lie that we tell
Says it's better somewhere else.
As if love flies south when it freezes.

What I'm trying to say
In some clumsy way
Is that it's you and only you
For always

That's why we build
And we build.
We clear away what was
And make room for what will be.

If you hold the nails,
I'll take the hammer
I'll hold it still, if you'll climb the ladder
If you will
Then I will
Build

-Nichole Nordeman, We Build

Labels: ,

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 9:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License