Adventures in Stepford
Thursday, November 01, 2012
2012, we hardly knew ye...
So. Life? A little crazy. As per usual.

Let's recap.

May 2011 - I deleted this blog - stupidly - when people in my real life somehow discovered it, and caused a bunch of uproar and panic.

Some months later 2011 - realized, hey, fuck you people! Shame on me. Went to the archived file of the blog I pulled over from Blogger before I deleted the contents; the entries are a SOUP of bunched up entries with dates & comments all jumbled up. Seriously. I was further kicking my own ass for deleting the blog. I started it six years ago. That's a load of posts. What was I thinking?

A wee bit at a time 2011 - I copy/paste/reformat each entry back into the blog, about 4-5 entries at a time. I am up to 2009 and then life gets in the way....

2012 is one of the worst years I have ever had, including cancer and The ExHusband moving my kids 3 states away. Yes I fought it. Lawyers are evil bastards and the "justice" system promotes anything but. Don't get me started. More on that at some point.

The only good thing about 2012 is the man I am about to marry - yes omigod I am getting remarried - on New Year's Eve on the white sand of the gulf coast. More on that at some point too. I was DONE with men, DONE I SAY!  I was on dating sites for free meals or whatever, and only killing time. Something (or someone) to do. Then, Next! And he brought all that Crazy to a screeching halt the night I met him - although I did turn him down the first time he asked me out. Because why? Because my instinct is to obviously pick the Wrong effing men. Lucky for me he emailed me again, and convinced me to just go have a glass of wine. I have to find a good Stepford nickname for him & tell that story to y'all too. Because I'll be damned if I thought there was anyone out there who would 'get' me, and be completely batshit in love with me, and be the best thing that ever happened to me. I thought that stuff didn't exist. So, if anything, let me throw a little hope out there in the darkness.

So. A reader emailed me and asked if I was still blogging. And I thought: damn, get in those archives and give it a go when you can. Catch up, and keep talking.

And therefore I will. As much as I can with my insane work schedule and losing my mind with this wedding thing. (I never had one before, or a honeymoon, so by damn we are having a small -yet high quality- shindig!)

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 3:54 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License