Adventures in Stepford
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Despite our Differences
When we tried to rework all of this
Each to [his] rendition,
We painted ourselves in a corner
Lost for ideas, blindly fishin'

For a compliment or kindness
Just to bring us into view
But you could not interpret me,
and I could not interpret you.


I remember that cold morning when the trees were black with birds
I tried to make out some connection - we were at a loss for words.

After all that we've been through

I could not see giving up,
Despite the picture of our coffee

growing colder in the cups.

I want to say that underneath it all, you are my friend.
And the way that I fell for you, I'll never fall that way again.

I still believe, despite our differences, that what we have's enough.
And I believe in you, and I believe in love

So we went rolling on down through the years
taking time off we could steal,
until the Thief Of Things Unreconciled
Stuck a stick into the wheel.

Now we're tumbling in a freefall,
No one's gonna go unscathed.
But it's not because you held back,
and its not how I behaved.

I want to say that underneath it all,

you are my friend.
And the way that I fell for you,

I'll never fall that way again.

I still believe, despite our differences, that what we have's enough.
I believe in you, and I believe in love

There are avenues and supplements
and books stacked on the shelf,
Labyrinths of recovery
in search of our best self.

But most of what will happen now is way out of our hands.
So just let it go, see where it lands

I want to say that, underneath it all,
You are my friend.
And the way that I fell for you,
I'll never fall that way again.

I still believe, despite our differences,
that what we have's enough..

I believe in you

and I believe in love

-I Believe in Love, Indigo Girls

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 2:25 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License