Adventures in Stepford
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Beauty for Ashes
I have much to process and share with you and absolutely no stinkin' time for online navel gazing of late. What's marinating here deserves more than some limp synopsis on borrowed time.

As those great philosophers Toad the Wet Sprocket sang, "All I Need Is Hope." I'm getting some, and I want to share it with you. God's grace is huge -it is- but the road is long ...and fraught with potholes.

Thanks for waiting. Here are some pertinent words in the meantime (Ya'll know how I am about my quotes and lyrics):


I am unwritten
Can't read my mind
I'm undefined

I'm just beginning,
The pen's in my hand
Ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else

No one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open

Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
-Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield


When nothing is sure, everything is possible. -Margaret Drabble

You have to be willing to give up the life you planned in order to live the life that's waiting for you. -Joseph Campbell

Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible. -Corrie Ten Boom

Labels: ,

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 10:12 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License