Adventures in Stepford
Thursday, November 13, 2008
A Few Little Ditties...
I'm clearing out the Drafts Folder. Time to move on. On a multitude of levels.

More on that another day (not now, but soon). So you'll be getting a lot of insights and then I'll jump back in and give you some scoop. Good? Good.

First up: a great insight by NOT ME, to clarify. Loved this. And I now on some level do believe it:

"When I finally left my marriage and got divorced, and I went in and talked to my shrink about it... he said to me....'Your marriage did not fail out of a lack of love. Your marriage failed because of a lack of problem-solving skills. Love is a wonderful thing. But marriage does not operate on love. It is like any business, and it pisses people off to know it. But it's true.

Find a person with whom you can solve problems. Not the guy who rocks your world. If you can solve problems, you will find a way to rock one anothers' worlds. If you work together to solve problems, you trust one another. And that is the baseline for good sex. Trust. That is the base line for enduring love. Trust. And the base line of trust is the ability to solve problems together.'" -wise internet sage


Next, seriously good:

You validate people's lives by your attention. -Author Unknown

Finally, another blogger recently announced the happy news of her engagement online. One of the commenters left this good wish. Ya'll. Seriously, I could have written this. It Rocks The House. This is what I want and what I will have. Again, not now but soon. [all emphasis below, mine]

"Perhaps. Even so, I wish for you this...... that you'll begin and end every single day with a deep, meaningful kiss that reminds you both how much you dig each other.... that you'll save the best of yourselves for each other and let the rest of the world take you however you manage to show up.... that the asset you tend to most often and with the most care is your family, however you come to define it.... and that as, your relationship grows and changes, you'll never forget how you felt the day you said 'Yes, I will marry you.' "

Labels: ,

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 1:37 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License