Adventures in Stepford
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Working Against Atrophy
Yeah, yeah, I know. Where is the update? Where are her own words? Thanks for noticin' me, as Eeyore would say. Bear with me, my invisible internet friends. Sometimes the story is in the lyrics, quotes, and words from others. So here's another Wow to chew on from a man struggling to stand for his marriage despite the heartache and challenges. Really made me think. Honestly, I could cradle my head in my hands for the majority of the day, my brain hurts from all I'm taking in lately.




I think about how foolish I was, to think that there is some area in life that is free from the laws that everything else in nature are subject to. Temporary insanity is what that is. If I don't exercise, I lose my muscle. If I don't read, write and challenge my mind, I lose my intellect. If I don't pray, my spirit suffers and spiritual growth stops. Without conscious effort put towards improvement, anything will stagnate and eventually atrophy.

Why in the world did I think that my relationships with my wife and children could possibly be immune to this same condition? That my relationships would just simply prosper by their own volition, without any thought or effort on my part was insane. I've learned my lesson. I strongly believe I haven't learned this too late to save my marriage. I am being what I'm supposed to be, praying that God will honor this daily by softening her heart towards me and that will be enough.

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 2:21 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License