Adventures in Stepford
Friday, November 02, 2012
whew!
The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
- John Ruskin



Okay friends, I at least have the damn header photo back in place!

[A bajillion thanks to isnaini.com for STILL having this 'primitive' blogger template & images available to use. Blogger has updated their formats/layouts and whatnot at warp speed since my little blog came on the scene in 2006. But I don't care. This template is perfect for me, and I love this header photo so much! It was me to a T back in the day, alone in a corner clinging to music & words]

I have also spend almost 2 hours getting some more blog posts back up from 2009-2011. I am almost caught up with the old posts (woot!) and can thereafter GO FORTH and catch y'all up on all the Bidniss!


the following was in an enormous post I have saved in Blogger Drafts, with so many quotes and insights and lyrics from people all over the internet. That I have been compiling since this blog began. Read this one today, and while a bit on the cheese side it spoke to me. And whenever one does, I am compelled to post it regardless of the Fromage Factor:

I do not know how long I'll live
But while I live, Lord, let me give
Some comfort to someone in need
By smile or nod, kind word or deed

And let me do what ever I can
To ease things for my fellow man
I want naught but to do my part
To "lift" a tired or weary heart

To change folks' frowns to smiles again
Then I will not have lived in vain
And I'll not care how long I'll live
If I can give... and give... and give
-Author Unknown

Labels: , , ,

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 8:22 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License