Adventures in Stepford
Saturday, March 22, 2014
March forth
Hi kids, how have you been? Poor Stepford has been neglected and half forgotten. I have had this blog cross my mind a lot over the last few weeks, so it was a goal of mine to see if I could even remember my log-in credentials (ta da!) and post something.

So.

In the-archived-deleted-blog-posts news, the external hard drive I where I stored All Things Important, i.e. decades of my children's photos/videos, itunes music, and yes this blog content (plus all the stellar, insightful comments of my readers) when I deleted it like a dumbass almost 3 years ago... well it died on me. WTF, I bought the external drive as the SAFE PLACE. Anyway, it's been shipped to some high dollar experts in Wisconsin after local peeps couldn't recover the data. So I am waiting to see which is the lesser of 2 evils: yes, we can recover your data for the quoted $1200 fee, or it's all lost but you don't have to pony up a mortgage payment. I have yet to decide which is worse. It's been over a month, and I've pretty much gotten over the I-want-to-vomit-when-I-think-about-all-the-data-on-that-drive feeling.

Although my anonymity is now lost over here in Stepford, and that reallyreally sucks since I think Those Who Walk Among Us With No Life still stalk my blog, I'm honestly not up for abandoning it. The very first rule I declared in one of my first posts is basically that nothing is getting posted on this blog that isn't brutally true and honest. Period.

Having real life people, who now hate me, all up in my kool aid, fucked me up for a while on that. As people who hate you will do. And besides being busy as hell, that privacy invasion has affected my feeling of safety about posting here. Which is probably pretty valid, but I'm just going to have to press on regardless. Which is not unlike life itself. Shit happens, makes us uncomfortable, we press on. Because we have to.

Labels: ,

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 1:41 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License