Adventures in Stepford
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Breathe
I remember thinking with great relief when I found my husband and we got marrried: I was so abundantly thankful that I wouldn't have to have those terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad brokenhearted feelings anymore (as with previous relationships) because we had found each other and committed for life and there was finally someone who loved me enough (and vice-versa) to feel safe and loved forever.

"I didn't believe in soulmates until I met you" he told me. I can remember exactly where we were when those words were uttered.

I got all teary typing that thought, because I had forgotten about it until now. It was such a happy thought at the time, accompanied by complete contentment, and such an 'emotional exhale', if you KWIM.

I now feel like I've been 'holding my breath' emotionally, by comparison. I so want to exhale, ya'll.

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 11:06 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License