Adventures in Stepford
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
That Tuesday Morning
So.

Where were you on 11 September 2001?

We were living here in Stepford -in a rental. The Husband still loved me. He had been employed by WorkYouToDeath, Inc. for about a year and had just flown out to California on a business trip a few days prior. I thanked God all week he had not been flying that day.

My mother, to whom I no longer speak, was visiting from The State of MyBadChildhood.

My children were babies, and I wish I could rewind and raise them then with the self-aware mommy I am now. My television stayed on 24/7 for days, as I'm sure yours did too.

I cried a lot, as I'm sure you did too.

Say what you want today, I really liked my President that week. He made me feel safe and cared for.

The sky was so quiet and clear.

My own personal terrorist attack was years away.

Much has changed. Nationally and individually.

So, where were you?

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 1:09 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License