Adventures in Stepford
Monday, January 22, 2007
Behold the Power of Words
I shouted aloud and louder
while out on a plain one day,
The sound grew faint and fainter
Until it had died away.
My words had gone forever,
They left no trace or track,
But the hills nearby caught up the cry
And sent an echo back.

I spoke a word in anger
To one who was my friend,
Like a knife it cut him deeply,
A wound that was hard to mend.
That word, so thoughtlessly uttered,
I would we could both forget,
But its echo lives and memory gives
The recollection yet.

How many hearts are broken,
How many friends are lost
By some unkind words spoken
Before we count the cost!
But a word or deed of kindness
will repay a hundredfold,
For it echoes again in the hearts of men
And carries a joy untold.
- C.A. Lufburrow

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 4:11 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License