Adventures in Stepford
Tuesday, April 03, 2018
The text experiment
So, hi.

I have a bazillion posts in Draft mode from a decade ago through to just a year and a half ago. A DECADE Y'ALL.

I look at them upon occasion and think dammitall, why didn't we just hit Publish while the getting was good instead of thinking they had to be 'just right' first?

I think frequently about blogging when I have stuff to sort through - which is ALWAYS, but in recent months it's moreso.

I have a huge craving to write when I need to make sense of my world turned upside down (see: this entire blog in 2006-7)

Lately I realized that my long conversations with friends on the phone via texting and Kik is where all my extensive thinking,  writing, and navel-gazing has taken place in the last year or more.

So.

Every time I considered blogging all this business, which was often, I thought well shit, I've already typed all this out once ffs, I don't wanna reinvent the wheel.

And then it hit me (thwack!) - since I have invested hours upon f*ing HOURS in text conversations, why not just screenshot them, crop out the identifying stuff, and post those?

It may or may not work, but imma give it a shot. What the hell. I'm a pro at both spectacular failures and fantastic success at times. We'll just see what happens.

CAVEAT - and hear me on this - I'm going to post by date as much as possible and it may be all wibbly wobbly timey wimey out of order while I build the story.  So it may not make sense for a hot minute. But if I keep them all in eternal Draft Mode, we'll be at 2028 with me again saying oh look at all these posts saved as drafts I shoulda published. And I don't want that to be us y'all. Not again.

Get ready. There's a lot going on.

So. Let's try it.

===========
Oh and PS:

Hello, People who know me in real life and still creep my blog. Yes I see you.
 The Interwebs are this cool technology that show me your stalkery ways.

Now here's the deal - I know you. You know me. I'm still gonna be honest about my life's Awesome as well as its Angst. I made that announcement over 10 years ago on this blog - I'm completely Honest on this site or we're done here. Which is why it was anonymous in the first place.

 So, Honest it is.  And there's a lot going on. I have lived on all sides of all fences. You still wanna dance with joy over my sorrows, that's your business. Keep on judging me iff'n you'd like to, there's quite a lot on the menu for you in that area. Bon appetit.
 .

Labels: ,

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 4:37 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License