Adventures in Stepford
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
The "Oh, Sh!t" Guy
"I was hoping it would be you"


It was barely 7:00 am on a weekday in those post-college, but pre-career days. A job, but not every day. More nights out than in. No 24/7 responsibilities yet.

I had just finished my second degree (the one that would actually get me a j-o-b outside of temping), and had recently ended a 2-year relationship with a guy I thought I wanted to marry.

Then I met The Husband. OMG, he was fun. I was on a date with a friend of his when I met him. And that was all she wrote for The Friend (who was just an in-between, killing-time kind of relationship anyway).

The Would-Be Husband was handsome, he was razor-sharp witty and could make me laugh. Hard. When he kissed me, I could not breathe, it was that amazing. Nobody has kissed me like that before or since. He was totally into me, and played no Typical Boy maybe-I-like-you games. He was in. I was almost in, and it had been maybe 2 weeks -at the most- since I'd met him.

And then 2-Year Guy came back.


And I got confused. I mean, I had TWO YEARS with this man. A relationship. History. Loved his family. And I barely just met The Would-Be Husband. Logic was leaning against him after so little time.

So. I explained to Would-Be Husband about the Return of Two-Year Guy.
And then I couldn't stop thinking about him, so I called him the next morning at o'dark-thirty and his roommate answered (sorry, man). Then Would-Be Husband got on the line with his deep, I-don't-even-sound-like-I've-slept-at-all voice.

I was hoping it would be you, he said.


Isn't there someone in your past that you broke up with and later said "oh, sh!t" about?, I asked him.

There was.

Well, I explained, he is my "oh, sh!t" guy, and now he wants back in.

And Would-Be Husband said, But I might be your "oh, fcuking sh!t" guy.


He was right.

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 5:33 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License