Adventures in Stepford
Friday, November 10, 2006
Reasons Why
Where am I today?
I wish that I knew
'cause looking around,
there's no sign of you.

I don't remember one jump or one leap,
just quiet steps away from your lead.

I'm holding my heart out,
but clutching it too.
The feeling is short of the love that we once knew.

Calling this a home when it's not even close.
Playing the role with nerves left exposed.

Standing on a darkened stage,
stumbling through the lines.
Others have excuses,
I have my Reasons Why.

We get distracted by the dreams of our own,
but nobody's happy while feeling alone.
And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall,
we lean another ladder against the wrong wall.

And climb high to the highest rung,
to shake fists at the sky.
While others have excuses,
I have my Reasons Why

With so much deception, It's hard not to wander away

-Reasons Why, Nickel Creek

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 7:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License