Adventures in Stepford
Saturday, September 16, 2006
A Prayer for Home
[These are not my original words, but it sure is my prayer, too.]

Lord, I come before you again in the Name of Jesus with praise and thanksgiving for the many blessings You have already given to me & my family. Forgive me for the times I have taken Your grace and mercy for granted.Your Word still tells me that if I confess my sins to You, You are faithful and just to forgive me (1John 1:9).

I have stood before You lately with a brand new laundry list and I just thank You once again for opening my eyes and revealing to me my many shortcomings. Lord, I am truly grateful even for the times you let me fall flat on my face because I know a lesson will be borne out of it in the end.

You still know better than I do the ways in which I have failed in my marriage and You also know the ways I have failed in my stand. I'm asking You once again to take control. And I ask You to forgive me for taking it back after I turned it over to You the first time.I am once again placing my marriage and my family at the foot of the cross. Jesus, where my eyes can see no way I still know that YOU are THE Waymaker.

Where I see no signs of healing, I still know that YOU are THE Healer. Where I can see only destruction, I know You see an opportunity for reconstruction. Lord, I DO STILL BELIEVE that where love has died You can create a new, stronger love. I believe that through You, forgiveness CAN be found. And I believe that ALL hope is found in YOU and so I no longer pray that my husband's heart will be turned to me, but that it will be turned to YOU. Lord I am really out of devices, strategies and 'brilliant plans' that fail.

I get it.I can not do this. Only You can save this marriage.

I KNOW that it IS Your will and so my prayer is now simply:Your will be done.

Labels:

posted by Adventures in Stepford @ 8:45 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Adventures in Stepford

    instepford (at) gmail.com
Shoutbox
And now, with God's help, I shall become myself
-Søren Kierkegaard

Welcome to Stepford.

The Background Check
The Husband's Story
The In-Between
The G Factor
Archives
The Part Where I Feel Famous
Powered by


BLOGGER

Creative Commons License